How can you optimise your WordPress site for Google? Check out this small guide for the best WordPress SEO plugins for your website.
When you have an online presence, optimising for the search engines become one of the most important parts of your digital marketing strategy.
SEO helps you by beating your competitor and putting you at the top of the organic search results. There are more than two hundred ranking factors, so worry not, help is around the corner.
Millions of users on a regular basis are searching for information, services, and products. When they don’t know about a particular website in mind, they turn to Bing, Yahoo, and Google etc.
Before we can talk about which WordPress SEO plugins are the best, we need to know what Search Engine Optimisation is and how we can choose the right WordPress SEO plugin.
What Is Search Engine Optimisation?
In SEO a certain set of factors are needed to optimise for website rankings. The main aim of SEO is to raise your blog or site to the top of the organic results.
“Organic results” means websites that are listed on the page that are not at the top because of paid advertisement. Search engines are being used by thousands of people on a regular basis. You need to make sure that your website is found in the top search results.
Why search engine optimisation is so important to your website:
- You need to make sure your website is ranked in the top five pages because most people don’t look past top five pages.
- Trust- users trust websites that are shown in the top results of search engines.
- Social media sharing – people who visit your page and like it often share them on their Facebook page and other social media platforms.
How To Select A Good WordPress SEO Plugin
A quality WordPress SEO plugin will have the following potentials:
- Multiple SEO Elements – The most efficient SEO plugins for SEO are those that come with multiple features. Why would you opt for an SEO plugin that just offers one feature? It won’t do you any good, you would be bombarding your website with different SEO plugins. So opt for a WordPress SEO plugin that offers multiple features and will not increase the load time of your website.
- Detailed Documentation – Plugin documentation is essential since it assists the users in understanding how each plugin works. The documentation can be in form of articles or video guides with visually appealing images about how to configure, install and update the plugin. Most of the SEO plugins come with an admin dashboard, where the configuration is done. A good plugin will have precise and clear instructions, on how the setting is done, a tooltip guide will be used for making the user understand how the plugin works.
- Excellent Customer Support – The best SEO plugin will always have a good customer support. The free WordPress SEO plugins come with free support in the form of plugin support forum. Always check out the support offered by the plugin author on the support forum before making the decision to use that SEO plugin.
- Positive Review & Ratings – All good SEO plugins for WordPress receive ratings and feedback from the users, and this should be a key factor for you when choosing an SEO plugin for your website.
- Regular Updates – SEO WordPress plugins need to be regularly updated to make sure it’s compatible with the latest WordPress version. A plugin which is not updated for a long time can get your website hacked or create an incompatibility with the WordPress plugins or other WordPress core files. Never compromise on the plugins update when selecting the best SEO WordPress plugin for your website.
Here is a list of top ten best WordPress SEO plugins:
WordPress SEO by Yoast
Who hasn’t heard about Yoast SEO? Even a beginner in the blogging field knows about it.
It’s the leading SEO plugin for quite a time, with more than 5 million installs and a 4.8-star rating out of 5 from their current 15,000+ reviewers their numbers support their statements.
Not only Yoast improves your websites online presence in every way, it also goes an extra mile to take care of the technical optimisation. Since Yoast comes with a wide range of features, this plugin defines the term all-inclusive SEO plugin
Key elements of WordPress SEO Yoast:
- Breadcrumbs: They let you develop simple navigation for spiders and users. It’s awesome for internal linking.
- Meta Tag and Title Tag: This lets you control which pages you want to be shown in results.
- Multi-Site Compatibility: XML sitemaps functions in all the setups. It has the option to copy settings from post to post.
- Site SEO Analysis: This is a great tool as it checks the length of the content, the keyword focus usage, and Meta description content. A simple green light and red light can show you where you rank.
- Snippet Review: This lets you observe how the page will look in the search results.
- Social Addition: This includes SEO friendly facebook open graph to connect social media and SEO together.
Yoast by SEO has so far been on the top and it doesn’t seem to go anywhere. So if you have a WordPress website then download this plugin.
A sitemap is a method to tell Google about the pages that are available on your website, that can’t be discovered otherwise. To make it simples, without a sitemap Google won’t be able to crawl your web pages. Using sitemap on your website is highly important as soon as your website gets functional with WordPress. This plugin will instantly generate an XML sitemap for your website and it will notify all the search engines like Yahoo, Bing, Google etc when they’re updated. This is a highly recommended plugin for all the WordPress users to create hassle-free sitemaps to crawl their websites.
Rankie is not an ordinary SEO plugin, but so far it has been the most important tool for boosting and monitoring your SEO ranking. It gives you precise and essential stats and feedback regarding your sites overall performance and the exposure your website is getting on a monthly or weekly basis. The data is quite useful, as you can develop better SEO content that helps in improving the old content as well for better SEO grip.
Broken Link Checker
Have you ever thought how badly can a broken link affect your site?
I’m pretty sure you must have thought about it, even though it doesn’t seem to be important it can have a great impact on your website.
Checking each link on your website on a daily basis is not a good way to utilize your time. That is why we have added this plugin to our list. The Broken Link Checker is a great plugin to regularly monitor your website for any broken links, informing you when it has detected one. The plugin has received so far more than 500,000 active installations. The plugin has been rewarded with a 4/5 star rating from its 300 reviewers.
SEO Optimized Images
Images are the most important part of a blog, and optimising an image is equally crucial.
Do you want your images to be optimised including alt and title tags?
This plugin is surely a treat for you. It will automatically add SEO friendly alt attributes and title tags to your images so you can attract more audience from Google image search for different keywords that you want to rank.
Managing links is a time-consuming task. Simple URL’s plugin makes things easy for you, with this plugin you can manage, create and track outbound links from your website by making use of custom post types and 301 redirects. This plugin also collects the click counts in a custom field form on the custom post type, so this really comes as a handy tool when it comes to analyse and track the affiliate click-through rates.
WP Meta SEO
WP Meta SEO plugin comes with multiple handy functionalities and features. It comes with a tool that helps in fixing your content for better SEO performance in less time and simpler manner. The WP Meta SEO dashboard offers an elaborated overview of how to well-optimise your website for SEO along with the areas from improvement.
Internal Links Generator
Internal linking has an essential role in improving the search rankings. But many bloggers ignore this because it’s a time-consuming task to find relevant links while creating content. The Internal Links Generator solves the issue by displaying relevant links to interlink within your content. This plugin also keeps a track of how many times keywords from your list is found in your blog’s content. You can also set the limit for the keyword usage in your internal links.
WooCommerce – All in One SEO Pack
Designed specifically for e-commerce website this plugin is an add-on to All in One SEO Pack. When you add products under WooCommerce will have keyword-rich titles and descriptions just like an article or blog post.
W3 Total Cache (Free/Paid) – Speed Optimization
Website speed is a thing marketer and Google both takes very seriously. W3 Total Cache plugin assists a website to gauge and tolerate an important amount of traffic without crashing. This plugin improves both user experience and SEO of your website by decreasing the download time as well as improving the website performance through CDN integration.
There is much to get hold of and understand regarding SEO that it can overpower a normal WordPress user. However, this is not the reason to leave the practice of optimising a website to get a better visibility in the SERPs. The above-mentioned plugins are a great way to add value to your website, any website owner or blogger can certainly try to practice SEO with more reliance.
How We Can Help
Intelicle is the best digital marketing consulting Nottingham based, we can help your business with digital marketing strategies that will be trending in 2018 and beyond. If you have any queries, connect with us today. If you want your SEO strategy to work even better, invest in hiring the best SEO Nottingham Service. Within Nottingham, however the group of SEO Services is smaller and its far easier to see the standout companies. Also Web Design Nottingham can be completely revolutionised with the services that Intelicle offers.