As Instagram continues to change and grow, this visual content hulk has turned into one of the most trending and prime social media platforms for driving sales to your business.
Its abundance of amazing features offers you a powerful battery of tools that can assist any practical social media marketer to turn Instagram fans into real customers.
It’s not as easy as it seems, however – there are several ways one could use for generating sales from the traffic they get through Instagram. That’s why here we have compiled some ideas, tips, and strategies on how to sell on Instagram. So let’s get this show rolling!
Step By Step To Sell On Instagram
Here are six levels to sell on Instagram:
- Install The App: If you don’t have an Instagram account the get one, download the app and register it on social media.
- Turn Your Profile Into A Business Account: Create a profile and dedicate it correctly for your business.
- Share Relevant Content: Select formats that are accepted on Instagram and only post or share content that will interest your audience.
- Recognize Instagram’s Ideal Posting Rate: Try to note when is the best time to post on Instagram, when your audience is most active and will react to your content.
- Try To Connect With Your Users: Promote your profile on other social media accounts and make people like your Instagram.
- Figure out The Right Item to Sell on Insta: Promote products that have a strong graphic identity to advertise on this particular platform.
To run an online business is not an easy task one must hire a good digital marketing agency to carry out their digital marketing tasks. A digital marketing agency will create an effective marketing strategy for your social media marketing.
How To Sell On Instagram Ideas
CTA In Your Instagram Bio
One of the easiest ways to drive traffic from your Instagram profile to your store is by making your website link as noticeable as possible. Someone who finds your business on Instagram is going to read your bio – which the right place to direct them to your store.
Write your call to action in your bio that attracts your Instagram profile fans into checking out your website and its products, helping you increase your traffic and give a boost to your sales.
Links, Hashtags, And Discount Codes
With less potential to share links on Instagram, it’s essential to consider where and how you are linking when you the opportunity. Unless you got a verified account, the only clickable link that you get is in your profile – so make sure to use it sensibly.
The next time you post a product image, make sure you add the link in your bio and the direct link to that product on your website. Be sure to add a CTA within the caption – in simple words tell your audience what you are selling and why is your product worth buying. It’s a small thing to do, but it makes your chances better to make people purchase your product. This has the potential to drive a lot of traffic to your website, but it’s worth to see how your audience reacts to your content.
If you want to take things further with the linking, you could try apps like link tree. It gives you one link that when clicked displays a landing page with a lot of custom links for the audience to follow.
Hashtags are a great feature to help get new followers and attract potential customers. Take an hour to do some research on how hashtags and it will make sense to you. A simple starting point is to search for good terms related to your work and see how the hashtags pop up in search on Instagram.
For example, you sell handmade gloves – start by searching hashtags around “gloves” and “handmade” and do some experimentation! Select some hashtags that make sense for you and try them in your next posts. Using these hashtags won’t immediately get you sales, but they are bound to get your attention, which will undoubtedly work in the right direction.
Offer Instagram Only Promotions
Every customer loves some discount on the products they want to buy. And Instagram is the right place to promote such promotions. Create an image or post based around the product you wish to encourage add a discount code to it, so it attracts people, and then click on the link to visit your website.
You can either add the discount code in the caption, letting people know where and when they can use it, or you can embed it in the photo. Just be sure to delete the post or photo when the promo code is no longer available.
Create Content That Speaks To Your Viewers
Investing in a top-notch photographer or high-quality camera is essential if you are trying to make your pictures stand out from the rest of the feed.
In Instagram photos, the following elements stand out from the rest:
- Single main colour
- Lighter images have 25% more likes than the darker images
- Less crowded background known as the “bokeh” in photography
- But above all, creative photos win the attention of your potential audience.
Focus On Premium Quality Images And Videos
When it comes to Instagram visuals are essential. You have to make sure that your stories and posts are eye-catching and convincing. That is what will catch the attention of someone who is mid-scrolling and attract them to click the position to get the product details.
Never compromise on the quality of your images at any cost of pushing out a lot of product images. If they don’t look well or work with your brand, your followers won’t click on the link.
Inteleprint, a Nottingham based printing services brand, does a great job of adding their products naturally in their content for Instagram. Their shoppable posts look like a high quality beatifically edited picture on their feed.
Other Things You Should Know About Shoppable Posts To Help You Sell On Instagram
Since shoppable posts are a new thing, we will likely see more changes shortly. But for now, here are some things you should know before you start promoting your posts!
- You can tag up to five products in a single post
- Products You can tag in, both should be new and existing ones
- You can tag up to 20 products in a carousel post.
- Whatever language and currency you use for your catalogue that will be shown on your Instagram so select it wisely.
- When tagging your images, you can preview or save them later by going to Tag products then preview labeled product or save draft.
- You can’t just sell anything on shoppable posts, some things you CAN’T tag are alcohol, weapons, adult products, unsafe supplements etc. So again be careful!
- You must have the latest version of Instagram for this work so if you are having any trouble make sure your app is updated.
Hire a Digital Marketing Agency
Hiring a digital marketing agency can assist by taking the weight off your shoulders and optimising these promotions for you. If you are considering to appoint a digital marketing agency, consider Intelicle. We are a digital marketing company our strategies specialise in SEO and PPC services in Nottingham. We endeavor to get excellent results at reasonable prices. Why not get in touch and see how we can help your business.