Modern slavery statement for financial year 2018/19
This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Intelicle LTD has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. Intelicle has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
We are a small enterprise providing IT services including SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Development, Graphics design and Software development. As we are a small organisation, we do not have an extensive supply chain with one office providing development service and the second office providing sales and project management support.
Our high risk areas
As we do not employ any third party organisations, control and responsibilities of all aspects of the business lies with Intelicle LTD and hence managed to ensure that we do not have any high risk areas within our organisation.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
1. Anti-slavery policy. We have a strong and robust anti-slavery policy. Through our recruitment process, regular 1-2-1 reviews with all our staff and a trained management team, we ensure that all of our staff do not have any aspect of slavery law applicable on them. Also, it has been clearly outlined to our staff who they can talk to if they have any concerns.
2. Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
3. Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
4. Code of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
Intelicle LTD operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offenses relating to modern slavery [and on site audits which include a review of working conditions]. Our anti-slavery policy forms part of our contract with all suppliers and they are required to confirm that no part of their business operations contradicts this policy.
In addition to the above, as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
1. They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business.
2. They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery.
3. (For UK based suppliers) They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage (as appropriate).
4. (For international suppliers) They pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations.
5. We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light.
We regularly conduct training for our procurement/buying teams so that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our supply chain.
Our performance indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
• No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
Approval for this statement
This statement was approved by the Board of Directors on 07/05/2018
Name Saqib Bashir