Around 12 months ago, I saw a post for the content marketing trends that need to be looked out for in 2017, most of those trends are still in play for 2018.
Most organizations are still working through the creation of a true living content marketing strategy for their business. Native marketing is still the main drug for many content marketing programs, and mobile as well, it remains to be the flavor of every month as the consumer use is increasing.
But some truly interesting events have occurred over the past few months that, I believe, begin to speak to the evolution of the content marketing practice itself.
Personalized Content Trends
Well more than 50% of the B2B buyers depend on content to research their purchasing decisions. What is more, half of them want to review four to five pieces of content before engaging with the company’s sales team.
It’s clear, that content is at the core of every marketing campaign these days. Personalisation plays an important role in creating content that connects with the customers. Content exactly custom-made to both customers’ wants and where they are in the buying process.
Consider These Stats And Facts
- Ninety four percent of digital professionals have a firm believe that personalisation is important for current and future success.
- According to Hubspot, personalized content performs fifty percent better than non-personalised content.
- Marketers who are working to deliver personalise web experiences are getting double returns in marketing response and performance, according to Perish analysis or Forbes publish.
- Ninety-five percent senior level executives believe that delivering personalisation is important to reach out customers.
SEO And Content Conversion: Help Them Work Together
There are very less companies that talk about marketing without including a conversation about the SEO. The combination of the two is like peanut butter and jelly. According to research by BrighEdge, the two functions have reached a conversion point. In a survey, ninety seven percent digital marketers believe that content and SEO have become more combined or is converted into a single function. The nuptials of SEO and content marketing impacts the markets three most crucial content performance metric: engagement, traffic and conversions.
In today’s buyer led market, people are not only sharing images, links, videos and articles on their news feed. Now they are engaging socially, thorough other less monitored channels, which include:
- Email: To secure the privacy of the users, referrers aren’t shared.
- Messaging apps: Platforms like WeChat, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Local Mobile Apps: The likes of dedicated Instagram and Facebook developments.
- Secure Browsing: If you click from https to https, the referrer will not be passed on.
The dark social is reported to be accountable for 84% of outbound sharing it’s not an area to overlook in 2018. Driven by messaging and mobile, it is gaining serious speed and understanding it is very important. If social traffic is only tracked through the normal web analytics, a business may intensely under-report the value that social media adds to your business or brand.
The future advancements in the field of digital marketing are approaching at striking speed. This is not the time to rely on things that only worked in the past. Now it is the time to start planning and implementing new changes.
Intelicle is the best digital marketing consulting Nottingham based, we can help your business with digital marketing strategies that will be trending in 2018 and beyond. If you have any queries, connect with us today.